Just like the Himalayan States of Uttarakhand, Jammu Kashmir and Sikkim, the state of Himachal Pradesh is also known for its fabulous climate, mesmerizing views of the Himalayas and a slow pace of life. All this combined with an easy access to the airport and the capital of India has made Himachal Pradesh one of the most popular hill stations of the country. Every year especially during the summer and winter months the destinations of Shimla, Manali along with Kufri and Fagu are filled with tourists wanting to escape the heat of summer or to enjoy the winter snow.
One of the most popular tours of Himachal Pradesh that is often preferred by families and honeymooners alike are Shimla Manali tours. Good connectivity from Delhi and Chandigarh (including the Kalka toy train) coupled with the availability of good accommodation facilities are the reason why many prefer this Shimla Manali route.
Places to Visit in Shimla and Manali
- Shimla- The erstwhile summer capital of the British, Shimla is famous for stunning colonial architecture which is best evident in Christ Church, the Vice regal lodge housing the Indian Institute of Advance Studies and the State library building. Evenings are best spent walking at the Mall Road & Ridge and enjoying some savory snacks and shopping. Other attractions include Chadwick Falls (best during the monsoon season) ,Annadale –now used as a helipad but which once held many a cricket and football matches( the first Durrand Football tournament in 1888 was held here) , the Jakhoo temple and Sankat Mochan temple both dedicated to Bhagwan Hanuman, the Tara Devi temple from where you can a panoramic 360 degree view and the Kali bari temple.
- Manali – Known as the ‘Valley of Gods’, Manali is besides being famous for its Hadima Devi Temple, the Manu Temple and the Kullu Vaishno Devi temple is also known for the various adventure sports that one can take. Rafting and mountaineering are two of the most popular adventure sports amongst the youngsters. The Tibetan monastery, Van Vihar, Nehru Kund, Vashisht Village are some of the other attractions in Manali.
Day trips from Shimla Manali
Besides these city tours, one can also partake in several day trips that originate from Shimla and Manali, These day trips include both well known as well as lesser known destinations of Himachal Pradesh
Day trips from Shimla
- Kufri – Located at an height of 2,720 metres (8923 feet) and 20 kms from Shimla is Kufri famous for its Himalayan wildlife park that is home to several antelopes, felines and birds including the Himalayan monal-the state bird of Himachal Pradesh. Other attraction t Kufri include Fun word where one can try their hands at go karting and other sporting activities.
- Naldhera – A lesser know hill station famed for its extensive meadows and scenic walks, Naldhera is a golfer delight with its 18-hole golf course.
Day trips from Manali
- Rohtang Pass – Small streams and alpine pastures is what you get to see as you make your way to Rohtang Pass. Located 51 kms from Manali, Rohtang Pass is one of Himachal Pradesh foremost prime attractions that is famous for experiencing snow from June to August.
- Solong Valley – A beautiful valley located between Solang valley and Beas kund, Solang valley is about 19 kms from Kullu. One can get amazing view of glaciers and snow capped mountain peaks and can try several adventure sports like skiing, paragliding and various adventure sports like zorbing,snow motor bike riding, etc
Planning a trip to Himachal – Book your Shimla-Manali Tour with Swosti Travels – BOOK NOW !